Precision Garage Door Openers
In Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, Fremont, Oakland, Hayward and Surrounding Areas
Precision expertly installs and repairs most garage door opener makes and models including Liftmaster® and Precision's own PDS-800. If you need an opener installed or a garage door opener repaired in , call now and have your questions answered or schedule an appointment that is convenient for you.
Please read on to learn about the styles and convenient features available now on some of the best garage door openers you can buy.
Quickly Learn Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You...
There are 3 Main Types of Openers:
Chain Driven Openers - Chain drives are typically the most commonly used and a very reliable type of opener. This drive runs the garage door on its track by using a metal chain. Chain drives are slightly cheaper than belt drives. Chain drive openers tend to be noisy, so if your garage is located below or adjacent to the main rooms in your home, you don't want this opener. We typically don't recommend these types of openers because the small saving isn't worth it. Liftmaster® does not warranty the chain for life like it does the belt on the belt drives and the motor is much noisier.
Belt Driven Openers - Belt drives are regarded in the garage door industry as the best type of opener. Not only are belt drives as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. This drive runs on a steel-reinforced belt and typically costs a few dollars more than chain & screw drive openers. If your garage is attached to your home and has surrounding bedrooms, you'll never be bothered by the noise of your garage door.
Screw Driven Openers - Screw drive openers use a lifting device that runs on a threaded steel rod, rather than a chain or a rubber belt. These openers tend to work best in locations where the weather and temperature is constant throughout the year. In areas with a wide range of temperature throughout the year, a screw drive opener is not recommended. They also are the slowest moving and noisiest of all three openers, but are the least expensive.
Proper Garage Door Opener Installation
You also need to be sure the garage door opener you purchase is installed properly. Please invest 4 minutes in watching this video. Although it begins a bit like a commercial you will learn the difference between a proper garage door opener installation and one riddled with shortcuts. When your new garage door opener is installed correctly you will enjoy it for a long, long time.
Recommended Garage Door Openers For New Installation
Efficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
Variable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
If the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
To permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
Linear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
All controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
A built-in 100W MAX light illuminates the garage for five minutes every time the operator is used.
When you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator's quick-disconnect trolley.
8550 Elite Series DC Motor Belt Drive w/ Evercharge® Standby Power System -
A rich, reliable opener designed to perform and built to last for years of smooth, trouble free operation. It is extremely quiet.
This garage door opener does something really great too... it works when the power goes out! The 8550 is the ultimate in garage door opener technology and convenience.
- Battery Backup system ensures operation, even when the power is out
- Timer to close feature lets you choose to have the door automatically close after a pre-programmed number of minutes
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standy mode
- Belt drive system is durable, ultra-quiet and maintenance-free
- Whole garage lighting with dual side 200-watt CFL bulb-compatible design
- Uses multiple frequencies simultaneously for near-zero interference
- Wall Station: Provides door operation from the inside of your garage. Also includes an illuminated push-button and security vacation/lock switch so that your always protected.
- Wireless Keyless Entry System (WKES): Allows you to program your own 4-digit pin. It controls up to 3 different garage doors. Also provides temporary service for visitors
- Offers a safety reversal system included with a warning (system lights flash) when contact is sensed or made with any object
- Includes a warranty on the motor and belt and a five-year on all other parts (one-year on the battery)
- EverCharge® Standby Power System Features:
- 12VDC battery is always charged and ready - no additional outlets are needed
- Alerts you when in use - an audible signal tells you when the standby power system is operating
- Safety and security features still operate - ensures your family is still protected in a power failure
- Backup power will operate the garage door opener for 40 full cycles within a 24-hour period* (fully charged batteries at 72° F)
8355 Premium Series 1/2 HP Belt Drive Opener -
This model is the perfect choice for reliability, top performance and quality.
The belt is warranted for life and offers quiet operation.
- MyQ® technology securely monitor and control your garage door opener and houselights with your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Alerts can be received as email or pop-up (push) notifications on a mobile device so that you always know the status of your garage door and houselights.
- Energy-efficientoperation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
- Motor and belt warranty. 1-year parts warranty.
- Security+ 2.0™safeguards your household – with every click a new code is sent to the garage door opener so that the door opens only for them.
- Alert-2-Closewarning system provides audible and visual warnings when the garage door is about to close when using MyQ technology or Timer-to-Close.
- The Protector System®has safety sensors that project a light beam across the garage door opening, automatically reversing the door if anything interrupts the beam.
3240 12 Screw Drive Opener -
- The Smart Garage Door Opener®lets you electronically program security codes from the Multi-Function Control Panel or the powerhead
- Delivers 200 watts of lightwith adjustable light time delay
- Meets all UL325 requirements
- The Protector System® safety sensors project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down
- Sensing technology willstop the door from closing if contact is madewith a person or object
- Opener lights turns on automatically when The Protector System's infrared beam is broken
- Security+® rolling code technologyassures a new code is sent every time the remote control is used
- PatentedPosiLock®system ensures the door remains securely locked when the garage door is closed
- Manual release handle in case of power failure
- Motor warranty
- 1-year parts warranty
Direct Drive Garage Door Openers
8500 Liftmaster Jackshaft Opener -
The Liftmaster Model 8500 Jackshaft Opener offers an ultra-quiet, space-saving, wall-mounted design. Specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low, cathedral or obstructed ceilings.
- Ultra-quiet 24V DC motor performance
- Optional EverCharge™ battery backup system reliably opens door even when the power goes out
- Jackshaft Garage Door Opener Wall-Mount Installation - mounts on the left or right side of door - Saves tons of Ceiling Space
- Easily program additional remotes, keypads and/or keyless entry.
- Auto-force technology monitors garage door system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations, floor height and door track movement.